Meal prep can be a great way to save time, money, and stay on track with your healthy eating goals. But it can also feel overwhelming, especially if you’re short on time or just not sure where to start. That’s where these 9 small but mighty meal prep tips come in. Whether you’re a meal prep pro or a beginner, these tips will help make the process easier and more enjoyable.
Here are some of our top small and mighty meal prep tips to help you win your week of nutrition!
- Plan ahead: Spend a few minutes each week planning out your meals and creating a grocery list. This will save you time and energy during the actual meal prep process.
- Make use of leftovers: Don’t let leftover food go to waste! Incorporate them into your meal prep by turning them into new dishes or adding them to salads or grain bowls.
- Invest in storage containers: Having a variety of storage containers on hand will make it easier to portion out and transport your meals. Look for containers that are microwave and dishwasher safe for added convenience.
- Prep in bulk: When you have a bit of extra time, prepare ingredients in bulk so they’re ready to go when you need them. For example, cook a batch of grains or roast a tray of vegetables that can be used in multiple meals throughout the week.
- Use a slow cooker or pressure cooker: These appliances can save you a lot of time in the kitchen. You can throw all your ingredients in a slow cooker in the morning and come home to a fully cooked meal. Pressure cookers can cook certain foods, like grains and beans, in a fraction of the time it would take on the stove.
- Keep healthy snacks on hand: It’s easy to reach for unhealthy snacks when you’re feeling hungry and haven’t prepared anything in advance. Keep healthy snacks, like fruit, nuts, and cut vegetables, on hand so you always have something to munch on.
- Don’t be afraid to freeze: Many foods, like soup, stew, and casseroles, can be frozen and thawed for an easy meal later on. Just be sure to label and date your containers so you know what you have in the freezer.
- Utilize your freezer: Freezing ingredients, like meat and vegetables, can help them last longer and make meal prep a breeze. Just be sure to thaw them properly before cooking.
- Don’t overcomplicate things: Meal prep doesn’t have to be fancy or time-consuming. Keep it simple by focusing on easy-to-prepare meals that you enjoy.
By following these 10 small but mighty meal prep tips, you’ll be well on your way to streamlining your meal prep process and creating healthy, delicious meals with ease. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, these tips will help make your meal prep journey a little bit easier.